On Thursday 18 December 2014 13:42:25 Pierre Free Pascal wrote:
>   Hi Martin,
>
> it would be useful to have a
> simple source code which allows to reproduce your problem,
> together with a list of the operations that lead to the assertion.
>
>   I am afraid that current trunk is not really usable with FP IDE,
> because there has be a lot of changes in C structs used
> that might disrupt gdbint.pp code.
>
>   But maybe I understood wrong and you are talking about
> the Lazarus IDE...

I talk about MSEide. ;-)
The assertion errors are already fixed in current gdb git master version, the
problem with gdb git master is that it can not print FPC class fields.

If you like to reproduce the assertion in gdb release versions load the
program:
https://gitorious.org/mseuniverse/mseuniverse/source/testcase/gdb/assertioncrash/invalidvar.pas

in gdb and enter the commands:
"
 gdb ./invalidvar
GNU gdb (GDB; openSUSE 13.1) 7.6.50.20130731-cvs
[...]
(gdb) break main
Breakpoint 1 at 0x8049b78: file invalidvar.pas, line 17.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/mse/proj/msegui/testcase/mse/gdb/invalidvar/invalidvar
[...]
Breakpoint 1, main () at invalidvar.pas:17
17       po1:= @r1;
(gdb) print po1^.c
../../gdb/parse.c:592: internal-error: mark_struct_expression: Assertion
`parse_completion && expout_tag_completion_type == TYPE_CODE_UNDEF' failed.
A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
further debugging may prove unreliable.
Quit this debugging session? (y or n) y
../../gdb/parse.c:592: internal-error: mark_struct_expression: Assertion
`parse_completion && expout_tag_completion_type == TYPE_CODE_UNDEF' failed.
A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
further debugging may prove unreliable.
Create a core file of GDB? (y or n) n
mse@linuxmse:~/proj/msegui/testcase/mse/gdb/invalidvar>
"