On Thu, 15 Jan 2015, Bart wrote:

Hi,

I have some old tools lying around that are still in use, and I
modernized them a bit.
One part of that is to replace file handling with FileStreams whenever
apllicable.

This all went without major hickups, until one of my tools suddenly crashed.

Where in the past it did a Rewrite(Filevar,1), it now uses
TFileStream.Create with appropriate parameters.
The file in question turned out to have the hidden attribute set.
While this poses no problem to rewrite/reset, TFileStream.Create does
not like it and fails.

It seems strange that rewrite/reset handles it, because a quick search reveals that there is no handling of FILE_ATTRIBUTE_HIDDEN in the RTL.