On 03/05/2015 11:26 AM, Michael Ring wrote:
If you are interested in bare metal development (without linux as a host OS) then the ST Nucleo boards
In fact I would be interested in "in bare metal development" on PIC32 chips. with those you can very easily and cheap do as well low-volume projects (with one of the many prototype boards) as higher volume projects doing you own PCB (as well SMD as 1.54 mm non-SMD chips are available).

The PIC32 uses the MPIS instruction set and this is supported by fpc ( Thanks a lot to the developer/supporter !!!! )

AFAIK, at the moment there is no bare metal RTL right now.

OTOH, I suppose most PIC users use the free "MPLABX" SDK and the cheap "PICKit" USB adapter.

Hence integration is this system (linking, debugger and library) would be very appropriate for "embedded" fpc development.

-Michael