> but the documentation says that it is always Longint.
> Can someone please correct this as it causes a lot of confusion.

fpdoc parser understands and interprets compiler directives, so it can't
display something that's defined differently for each platform. As you can
see, we have *nix units documented online/downloadable but the others don't.
The description can be used to explain further, but the source cannot.

example:
http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/system/ptruint.html

the source still displays 32-bitism (= DWord), but the description says
bitness neutral explanation ("size of a pointer" is CPU dependent).