On 08/18/2015 08:54 AM, Martin Schreiber wrote:

I assume one could setup a ssh tunnel -> remote native ARM gdb too, I never tried it.

I feel it even would be easier to do than using gdbserver, as - after setting up the SSH connection - the IDE would just use the same commands with the remote gdb as it would with a local one and there would not need to be a dedicated X86->ARM-Cross - "gdbremote" executable on the IDE site not a (rather uncommon) GDBServer executable on the ARM site.

The big advantage of a GDBRemote/GDBServer setup is that it can use a serial interface and that it uses up very little RAM on the ARM Site. But I feel that this nowadays is not very important any more.

-Michael