On Thu, 24 Sep 2015 09:48:32 -0400, Bo Berglund
<bo.bergl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I want to check my options regarding Lazarus and FPC.
>
>If I develop a program on Windows Lazarus, move it to Debian Lazarus
>(x86) and then finally want to compile on ARM on for example Raspberry
>Pi but outside of Lazarus, how is that done?
>Does FPC recognize the Lazarus project file such that paths etc are
>observed?
>Or is thare a separate file for FPC I have to prepare in order to set
>the unit paths?

UPDATE:
--------
Since advice was to not cross-compile but build on the final hardware
I have installed fpc and Lazarus on the Rpi2B.

I followed the tutorial for installing fpc and Lazarus from sources on
the Raspberry Pi2B fouund here:
http://www.tweaking4all.com/hardware/raspberry-pi/install-lazarus-pascal-on-raspberry-pi-2

Notice that it only works on Raspbian-Wheezy, not on Jessie! I lost a
day trying to get it run on Jessie then reinstalled Wheezy and the
tutorial worked exactly as written!
I now have fpc 3.1.1 and lazarus 1.5 installed on the Raspberry Pi2B
with GUI access via VNC. All described in the tutorial.

Recommended for those who want to use fpc/lazarus on the RPi2B.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden