Frederic Da Vitoria wrote on Fri, 30 Oct 2015:

Do you really need to compare them or simply to validate them? I ask
because in one project I worked on for an insurance company, we were
forbidden to store the passwords. We stored only a kind of checksum for
them. With something like CRC32 or even a higher resolution algorithm, you

Never ever use CRC32 in a crypto context, it's completely unsuited and easily cracked. The subject of this thread is already about finding an implementation for scrypt, which is a (at this time considered) secure hashing algorithm.

Jonas