I’m trying to learn some basics of Windows and porting some OpenGL code. The
first step is getting an OpenGL context prepared but I’m already stuck here.

1) GLUT is long dead it looks like and I probably shouldn’t be using it since
there’s no official .dll available except from dodgy looking download sites.

2) There is a FreeGLUT package which it looks like FPC supports and I was able
to find the units and download a recent .dll but it complains about missing
symbols unless I add the glut unit which then attempts to load the glut32.dll
and fails.

3) In the Lazarus directory there is a OpenGLControl demo which looks like it
makes an OpenGL context but I don’t know anything about that API and forms etc…
so I thought starting simple with FreeGLUT makes the most sense (if possible).

Does anyone have a working example of how to run a glut program with FreeGLUT
or should I just take the higher learning curve route and break down the
OpenGLControl demo and use TOpenGLControl?

Thanks.

Regards,
        Ryan Joseph