In our previous episode, Sven Barth said:

> > +1 . IfThen instricit is IMO very bad idea. I have a lot of "IfThen" from
> math and strutils modules.
> >
> > IfThen from System totally breaks the compatibility :\ . C'mon Sven. In
> one field you're rigorously but in something like this you're liberal
> (braking/dangerous change / for existing code base).
>
> It does *not* break existing code at all.

Not if you run unmodified, but a bit of copy and paste due to other
FPC<->delphi conversion issues and a forgotten uses and you run into
something strange problem.  Of course after three days debugging later you
find out that FPC also has an intrinsic, and you can see when it is the
intrinsic and when the library function.

But then you have already pulled out most of your hair.

> I have to admit though that I forgot about the potential problems due to
> refactoring. I'll change the name to avoid this pitfall, though I've yet to
> decide which one.

Good.