On 02/02/2016 11:30, fpc-pascal-requ...@lists.freepascal.org wrote:
On Tue, 2 Feb 2016, Henry Vermaak wrote:

>On Tue, Feb 02, 2016 at 10:49:03AM +0100, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>>So the iif in either functional or expression form has my vote.
>
>I'm surprised that you support iif in function call form.  Making
>something that looks like a function call but may not behave as a
>function call (short cut eval) seems like a recipe for disaster.
Would you mind explaining why ?
I suppose, because of dependence on argument's order processing, isn't it?
- programmer must remember this dependency
- every compiler must follow this dependency
- in common case, it cannot be calculated concurrently (i.e. in parallel)

In C the calculation order of argument is undefined AFAIK.

Regards,
Serguei