Hello everybody,

Since we're getting back to the same sort of discussion, I'd like to
remind three statements (before closing this thread here similarly to the
other two):

1) Sven wrote: "There will be *no* replacement in the foreseeable future.
This is not up for discussion."

2) Michael wrote: "It is not necessarily permanently off the drawing board,
but has definitely been put in the (deep) freezer" (and he also mentioned
that the idea might be revived in the future if there's somebody willing
to implement a better alternative).

3) Jonas asked to use fpc-other for any further follow-up discussions (the
Lazarus forum pointed to by Dimitry is also an option).

Thanks for refraining from continuing the discussion about your
preferences regarding how the option not being implemented shall look like
on this list (in this thread or another).

Tomas
(one of the FPC mailing list moderators)