On Sun, 6 Mar 2016, Serguei TARASSOV wrote:

I don't blame someone at all.
My point is only the regret about the absent of standards on the language
and common libraries like in C/C++.
When there is no standards in law "de jure", the most popular implementation
becomes the "standard" in fact. I suppose, that Delphi is the standard in
fact the last 15 years because of the large community and the large
developers base (1M at least).

The same reason we use English in mailing lists but not French or Russian
regardless the wide Russian Delphi community.

Tut ti vibral plohoi primer, po-moemu... :)

A bad example. Plenty of language-specific forums exist. They live, and no-one denies them their existence.

So in my taste the {$MODE DELPHI} should have been support not only language
features but all common libraries too, at least RTL/DB. All FPC
extension/modifications could be added in FPC mode. Not easy but reliable.

It's simply not possible as long as you allow to mix modes on a per-unit basis.

I have said it before:
{$MODE XYZ} says something about available language constructs when
compiling. Not about available identifiers in units that you use.
This is a fundamental difference.

Not to mention the maintenance nightmare 2 sets of units would present us with.