On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 17:29:23 +0100 (CET)
Michael Van Canneyt <mich...@freepascal.org> wrote:

> Obviously they are not so essential as you seem to think ?
You are right, they are not.
They are only useful to access strange chars like "0"-"9" or "!@#$%&*?/ etc."
which are not often used in passwords or user names. But of course it depends
on the used virtual keyboard and the chars can be accessed in other ways.
I am sure you really never encountered 'long clicks' (no irony or sarcasm here)
and you never really looked too deep into the API Guides about Android UI
that's what amazes me.

> The biggest stumbleblock (and even so) was parsing JSON and sending JSON to a
> server.
Jackson (external) and HttpURLConnection (part of the API) do the trick very
easily but I know nothing about how FPC accesses API classes and even less how
it can use external Java libs (fcl-json could not be used?).

I apologize if I did offend you.

R.

Tip of the day: There is no double click listener in Android.