marcov wrote on Tue, 10 May 2016:

In our previous episode, Jonas Maebe said:
> ExecuteProcess is in trunk since late march.
>
> It is fairly self contained and could be merged to 3.0.2 technically.

I mentioned that it is in trunk, but it's incomplete: it does not
translate the command line arguments to the code page of the
environment in which the child is started

It assumes for windows utf16, and for Unix filesystem encoding (e.g.
unix.pp:254).

If you have more info, please share.

The filesystem encoding is fine to find the binary on Unix, but the parameters you specify to that binary will be interpreted by that same binary once it's running. It will not interpret those parameters according to the filesystem encoding, but according to whatever is determined to be the DefaultSystemCodePage *by that executed binary*.

Jonas