On Fr, 2016-07-08 at 23:03 +0300, Juha Manninen wrote:
> Hello
>
> I installed FreeBSD 10.3 under VirtualBox. This is the first time I
> use FreeBSD. Cool!
> I managed to install X, XFCE and all applications I need.
> FPC and Lazarus both work.
>
> Only thing missing now is FPC source code, needed by Lazarus.
> Can it be installed from ports with "pkg" command?
> I don't see sources in "pkg search fpc" output list.

I never did that. Fpc in the ports has been fragmented into lots of
single ports in the past. Since I prefer to have anything in one go I do
the same as Graeme, using the official installers.

For lazarus anything I do is get the source, unpack an type "make
bigide" in it's directory.

> Another thing missing from my FreeBSD is proper keyboard mapping. It
> behaves like US keyboard now.

If you run X by the start script "startx" it is sufficient to add the
following line to the file ".xinitrc" in you home directory:

setxkbmap de

Replacing the "de" with what you need. Type "man setxkbmap" in a
terminal (xterm) for more info. And don't get confused, names starting
with a dot are hidden but existing.

Have fun,
Marc