On 2017-02-28 05:20, Maciej Izak wrote:

It works correctly in all possible ways with RTL:

* New (Initialize)
* Dispose (Finalize)

What happens with a stack allocated record?
(no new() required, nor dispose() so is the record ever initialized/finalized?)

Or stack records are forbidden?

One reason I love records is because you can create a stack record without any worry of freeing and creating it on heap, a huge advantage over OOP programming in delphi/fpc where everything is heap object (except old turbo pascal objects).

Sorry, I've been out of touch with what's happening with Records lately in modern pascal/delphi/etc. (If it sounds like a silly newbie question, forgive me, I am not up on the latest and greatest!)