On 08/05/17 16:00, wkitt...@windstream.net wrote:

as it is GPL, source code availability is required... that author has no
choice but to supply it...

Yes, but it looks as though he's been asked in the past and has claimed that "it needed tidying up": that was a couple of years ago. However we're not at all inclined to let him off the hook, since we take very little pleasure in having to dig out a Windows system to run one poxy program... even if it does save us £1000 at a main dealer.

And being able to demonstrate that his VB code could could be made portable without a great deal of work would, I think, be in everybody's interest.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk