From: fpc-pascal [mailto:fpc-pascal-boun...@lists.freepascal.org] On Behalf Of
Graeme Geldenhuys
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2017 7:33 AM
To: fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org
Subject: Re: [fpc-pascal] FPC Graphics options?

On 2017-05-15 11:51, James Richters wrote:
ication to be a 64bit
> application.  I have installed
> 'fpc-3.0.2.i386-win32.cross.x86_64-win64.exe'  but I don't see any
> fp.exe to run so I'm a bit lost with it.

Yes, I don't know why the Free Pascal team doesn't make official 64-bit
versions of FPC. I always end up having to compile my own full 64-bit FPC -
which is very easy by the way.

> AggPas looks awesome, but can I use it with my console application?

Yes, you definitely can. I use AggPas in multiple headless servers too as
console or CGI applications.

> I downloaded it and can't even run the sample programs included with
> it.. maybe they are Delphi examples or something?

Correct, unfortunately the demos are all GUI based demos at this time,
but any of the actual drawing code inside those demos will be exactly
the same for a console application.

Probably the easiest way to get your feet wet with AggPas is to use the
agg_2D.pas (for non-GUI apps) unit. It doesn't give you the full power
of AggPas, but presents you with a Agg2D object where you simply need to
make graphic drawing method calls.

For example:
   // Star shape
   agg^.LineCap(CapRound);
   agg^.LineWidth(5);
   agg^.LineColor($32 ,$cd ,$32 );
   c1.Construct(0, 0 , 255, 200);
   c2.Construct(0, 0, 255, 50);
   agg^.FillLinearGradient(100, 100, 150, 150, c1, c2);
   agg^.Star(100 ,150 ,30 ,70 ,55 ,5 );

Attached is a console app example using the agg_2D.pas unit. It also
uses the FPImage units (included with FPC) to generate a "test.png"
image as output. You could use Memory Images too, depending on your
application needs.

Compile the example with the following command

   $ fpc -FUunits -Fu../ -Fi../ Agg2DConsole.dpr

Adjust the -Fu and -Fi paths to match your environment, or simply save
the Agg2DConsole.dpr into the "agg-demos" directory and compile with the
above command.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/