On 20/06/17 06:45, Michael Schnell wrote:
On 18.06.2017 18:16, Bo Berglund wrote:> No RS232 work with FPC/Lazarus>
earlier and in Delphi I used AsyncPro components, but these are so>
complex that one is lost amongst all properties to set...AsyncPro is
free and easy to use but not perfectly bug-free.
Unfortunately no fpc/Lazarus port yet.

I tend to use the lower-level serial.pp unit. The patches I contributed a couple of years ago specifically added a couple of read-with-timeout functions.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk