Am 28.06.2017 20:32 schrieb "James Richters" <ja...@productionautomation.net
>:
>
> >Are you by chance running it from a shared smb folder or something like
that?

> Yes I am running them on a network share… If I copy the file to my laptop
hard drive then I don’t get the warning anymore.  However I still get the
secutiy warning if the program is downloaded, even if I download it to the
original development pc.

To run programs without annoying prompt from a network share you need to
change the security settings on the computer you want to run the
application on (it's the same in Windows 7 by the way):
- open "Internet Options"
- go to tab "Security"
- select category "Local Intranet"
- click button "Sites"
- uncheck "automatically determine Intranet"
- check the other three checkboxes (or at least the one about network paths)
- confirm all dialogs

The dialog that occurs when you download a program is also controlled
somewhere, but it's cause is an alternate datastream that gets attached to
the downloaded file. I don't know right now whether signing the execuable
makes a difference here aside from the dialog looking less warning like...

Regards,
Sven