On 18/08/17 10:00, Tony Whyman wrote:
There has been some heated discussion on the Lazarus lists on the subject to character encodings etc. This has exposed several issues with the FPC Manual that I wanted to record.

Could I ask one thing on behalf of people who try to maintain code so that it still works properly with a range of compiler (and FCL/LCL) versions.

In cases where there's been a change in default behaviour as the compiler has matured, please could we have the breaking version numbers noted explicitly.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk