On 2017-08-21 13:08, mar...@stack.nl wrote:
In our previous episode, Michael Van Canneyt said:
> I am looking to convert the GNU MPFR library header files, or hire
> someone on a bounty to do it if header translation is not so easy with
> h2pas and requires lots of hand work, and close checking.

I do all header translations with h2pas. Most of the time, I run the code first through gcc -E, which will take care of all macro magic. Usually h2pas
has little trouble with the result.

Before everything I do a couple of substs with an editor,

What do you mean by substs..

Search/replace, (substitutions? regex?)

gcc -E I use small pascal filterprograms to sort the symbols based on
heuristics. Usually "clean" defines, structs, function calls and "rest".

A custom filter program for each case by case basis, or one major filter program you wrote for all header files?

Thanks for the tips.