On 09/06/2017 05:21 PM, Marc Santhoff wrote:
On Mi, 2017-09-06 at 23:06 +0200, Bo Berglund wrote:
On Wed, 06 Sep 2017 22:52:12 +0200, Bo Berglund
<bo.bergl...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have now added extra binary logging to the relaying program only to
find that the data received and processed are missing about 50 k of
the 1M transmission.
Next I will edit serial.pp and up the buffers from 2K to 60K or so.

By the way:
I have sent the Delphi test program I am debugging over to people at
the remote location and they have connected their laptop directly to
the data system and with that setup there is no data loss.
So this leaves me with only the Lazarus/FPC network relaying app to
fix...

Could that be some sort of timeout?

You're setting

   FTcpComm.ReadTimeout := 30;

but I have no idea what order of magnitude this 30 is. Maybe streching
the timeout a little bit can help?

I had several cases of timeout problems using RS232 over TCP.

I could also create another test program, a serial sniffer that could
be set up to just log whatever appears on the serial lines. I need a
3-way cable for that of course.

Such thing does exists, I only forgot the name(s), ;)

HTH,
Marc

There are two links in the bottom paragraph on this page:
http://ctrlterm.com/custom.htm

Regards,
Paul
www.ControlPascal.com