On 9/24/2017 12:07 PM, James Richters wrote:
> Thank you for explaining how to achieve this.
> I am curious about the meaning behind the prefixes you used:
>>  TVGA256Array = Array[0..255] of VGARGBRec;
>>  PVGA256Array = ^TVGA256Array;
> Do the T and P in front of VGA256Array have a special meaning or
> significance?   I see things like that all the time, but never really
> understood why there are these designations.
It is called (IMHO a bad form of) "Hungarian Notation", an identifier
naming convention that should help to make source code more readable. In
[Borland,Turbo,Free]Pascal, the first latter is indicating what kind of
indentifier it is.
 "t" denotes a Type
 "p" denotes a pointer to a Type
"c" denotes a constant
(I personally prefer to use low case letters for that preceding
character, it is IMHO much better readable).

So yes, in this case, the T and P do have a special meaning, but are of
no significance...

Ralf

---