>I can't reproduce it here. Would you please provide a self contained, small
>example plus information about the OS, filesystem and compiler as well as a
>list of filenames to test with?

Well, here’s some good news, I was cutting and pasting my code to make a self
contained example and I found my problem, but to my surprise, my sample program
was working fine.. I had to do a lot of digging, but I finally found the
problem…  There was some old code left over from the dos days to identify files
by extension that wasn’t working right with more than one ‘.’  I modernized the
function and it’s working great now!  I thought I took care of all the Dos
limitations over a year ago, but I missed this one.  Thanks for the help,
knowing it was working for someone else got me to the problem.

James