On Wed, 21 Feb 2018, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 19:54:55 +0000
Graeme Geldenhuys <mailingli...@geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:

[...]
> Because UInt32 is not a JSON dataformat. Well, then I'll say that FPC's JSON needs to be extended to support UInt32, as it is a perfectly valid Object Pascal data type.

How should FPC's JSON support something, that is not supported by
JSON?

The problem is not in JSON.

Native Javascript supports 2^52 (or so) integer values, so every UInt32 value
should fit
if written properly.

FPC's JSON supports Int64 and even QWord in FPC, so a UInt32 is definitely
supported.

If the colors (a UInt32) is currently written as Longint (signed 32-bit) then of course a range check will follow, and this needs to be fixed.

The easiest solution is simply to read/write it as Int64.