Hello list,

I'd like some pointers on generating the RTL files for a processor I
am interested in, the STM32L432KC (which is available for ~$15 with
JTAG on a "Nucleo" board from STMicroelectronics).

The CMSIS (Cortex Microcontroller Software Interface Standard) files,
as they come from STM, use structures to represent the registers. The
example RTL files for STM devices seem to follow this pattern fairly
well, but I would like to know about any discrepancies; I opened one
file and think it was structured more closely to the way libopencm3
does things, but I can't find it again. This may have been the file
for the NXP part listed on the Wiki.

How much was converted by hand, and how much can be automated? M4
devices are noticeably more complicated, and even though this is a
hobby project I am worried about the time investment required to get
my device working with FPC.

What complicates things is the way libopencm3 has their headers
structures is more standard. They avoid using structures that
represent the registers, instead using faux namespacing with lots of
underscores in macro names.

Cheers,
     R0b0t1