On 18-04-2018 18:57, Dennis wrote:
From the wiki, it went to https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/Binaries for the binary dll but I tried the link https://indy.fulgan.com/SSL/  in the wiki and it did not work.
Why didn't the fulgan.com link work for you?? It should.
Note: You can also use http (i.e. http://indy.fulgan.com/SSL/) for the fulgan link (because otherwise you couldn't download it automatically with your program because you need OpenSSL to download via https ;)

Anyone with a successful experience can give me a direct url for the openssl dll?
Try to figure out why the fulgan-link doesn't work.

By the way, for those zip files I tried, although they are named xxx-win64, the dll contained in them are named ssleay32.dll and libeay32.dll.
Is that normal for a win64 bit dll to be named xxx32.dll?
Yes, this is normal.

It's the same with the fact that system32 in C:\Windows has 64 bit DLLs and SysWOW64 has the 32 bit DLLs on a 64 bit OS machine.

Some background about the naming:
https://www.sepago.com/blog/2008/04/20/windows-x64-all-the-same-yet-very-different-part-7-file-system-and-registry

Rik