> On May 25, 2018, at 3:18 PM, Michael Van Canneyt <mich...@freepascal.org>
> wrote:
>
> I'm guessing you are not using strings either then, for performance reasons ?
> Because exactly the same happens there.

really? I had a collection class with a dynamic array for the storage and
that’s when I got the high CPU usage in the thread safe stuff. I replaced the
storage with a pointer to a block of memory which I managed myself and the
problem went away. I just wanted to a dynamic array that was fast, minimal and
could append elements.

I use lots of strings but I never had that problem. Are strings reference
counted like dynamic arrays? I thought a string was just an array of 255 chars.

Regards,
        Ryan Joseph