Florian Klämpfl wrote:
Am 20.06.2018 um 10:59 schrieb Adriaan van Os:
James Richters wrote:

I’ve been updating my old programs to use the MATH unit in freepascal and while testing things I came across a runtime error 217 Invalid floating point operation. Here is my test program

I suggest to file a bug report. It is very unfortunate that the Math unit doesn't conform to IEEE-758.

Please read the standard, exceptions are part of it.

Even with masked exceptions, runtime errors are produced in the Math unit. That is not conformant to the standard.

Regards,

Adriaan van Os