Am Do., 15. Nov. 2018, 08:39 hat Ryan Joseph <r...@thealchemistguild.com>
geschrieben:

> > On Nov 15, 2018, at 1:27 PM, Sven Barth via fpc-pascal <
> fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
> >
> > They are only useful when interacting with the external runtime. On
> other OSes nothing would support them thus there is no use for them.
> Additionally this requires extensive runtime, not to mention Objective C
> support.
> > There is even less sense in trying to port them as Object Pascal has
> anonymous functions which are already Work In Progress for FPC.
>
> I see, that’s too bad. Anonymous functions appear to be dead as far as I
> can tell. In progress since 2012 I think?

Unlike you I'm in active contact with the developer and the last message
was only a few months ago.

> Would it be permitted to add inline declarations of nested functions as a
> temporary replacement? They don’t capture state but at least they solve the
> issue of polluting namespace with named functions which you use in only one
> location. Better than nothing (since that’s what we’re realistically
> looking at) and no new complicated features.

No. This would conflict with the work of Blaise. Also even if we'd add that
now it would not make 3.2 as it would be a too invasive change. So the
earliest release would be 3.4 and for that I plan to have the real thing
integrated into trunk. Thus it would be wasted effort to add that now.

Regards,
Sven