Ryan Joseph <r...@thealchemistguild.com> schrieb am Do., 28. Feb. 2019,
15:37:

> > On Feb 28, 2019, at 1:51 AM, Sven Barth via fpc-pascal <
> fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, though the first step should probably be to rework your commits.
> It's a bit of work, but that way you can nicely restructure your commit
> history,get rid of unintended changes(1) and maybe group the changes by
> functional topic or so...
> >
> > (1) I don't remember whether it was this branch or another, but one had
> unintended and unrelated changes in indentation that you should get rid of.
> >

> What do you mean rework the commits? I tried using "git rebase -i” but I
> have no idea what the terminal wants me to do. I can’t even cancel or
> anything, just beeping at me.

It should show an editor (vi, Nano, etc) showing the commits of your
branch. If it doesn't your git isn't configured correctly.

As for the intention, again I couldn’t figure out what git was seeing.
> Maybe if I squish the commits into one they’ll go away.

You should be able to see them using "git diff" when you rework the
commits. You could simply stage the required changes and then simply drop
the rest.

Alternatively you could add your changes simply to a new branch in the
correct order and without unrelated changes...

Regards,
Sven