> On Apr 23, 2019, at 8:28 PM, Alexander Grotewohl <a...@dcclost.com> wrote:
>
> http://wiki.freepascal.org/Helper_types
>
> under the checklistbox extender example.
>
> I'd guess it's looking for THelper.GetX and THelper.SetX in your  and not
> finding them

Oh now I get it. Is this what I should be doing? I really didn’t want those
getters so I’m putting them as strict private. The error message could be
better on this.

Honestly this seems kind of crazy though. We’re making all this boiler plate
because published fields? Why not just allow field access unless there are
published fields? I’ve never used published fields personally so it’s an
unfortunate restriction.

program test;

type
  TRec = record
    x: integer;
  end;

type
  THelper = record helper for TRec
    strict private
      function GetX: integer; inline;
      procedure SetX (newValue: integer); inline;
    public
      property F: integer read GetX write SetX;
  end;

function THelper.GetX: integer;
begin
  result := x;
end;

procedure THelper.SetX (newValue: integer);
begin
  x := newValue;

end.

Regards,