I understand it better now, but I've been out of town and haven't been able to
work on it.   I'm not sure what is meant by installing development packages
though.. I see libusb at https://libusb.info/ I see where to download that..
but I don't know about development packages?  As for LibC,   I'm not really
sure where to find the proper package for that.  I found
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/libc.htm.bak but I'm not sure that is
right, and again not sure about development package for that.  I would really
appreciate links to the exact packages I will need to use for Windows.

James