On Sat, 11 Apr 2020, Ryan Joseph via fpc-pascal wrote:

On Apr 11, 2020, at 1:17 PM, Michael Van Canneyt <mich...@freepascal.org> wrote:

My guess is you have a config file lying around that causes this to look
different (-Fr option?), or you have a custom-made errore.msg file built-in.

Interesting, so I overrode the default format in the trunk somehow. I can't
find any -Fr options but who knows what file I may have corrupted.

Can it be you changed the compiler itself ?

What's the best way to get back to the default format then? At some point I
thought the format changed so I altered a bunch of my regex patterns   in
various areas and it's causing me many headaches.

if -va does not give you a clue, try compiling with -n and specify all paths on
the command-line, see where
that leads you. if you get the strange behaviour still, it means the compiler
itself was modified.