On Fri, 10 Apr 2020 13:44:17 -0700 (MST), fredvs via fpc-pascal
<fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

>2)    Your home directory, it looks for .fpc.cfg.

This is something I have been wondering about for a while..
When I install FPC from sources I have to create a config file by
using this command:

/home/user/lib/fpc/$FPCVER/samplecfg "/home/user/lib/fpc/$FPCVER"
"/home/user"
(replace "user" with the actual username such as pi or whatever)

The problem with this is that the generated file is named fpc.cfg so I
have to do a rename afterwards and this is not always remembered (like
yesterday).

Why does fpc look for .fpc.cfg in the user home dir when it is
otherwise looking for fpc.cfg?

And if this is so, should not samplecfg be smart enough to drop off
the correctly named cfg file if the target dir is the user's home dir?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden