> On Apr 23, 2020, at 3:49 PM, Mattias Gaertner via fpc-pascal
> <fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>

>> 3) Class/record member completions.
>
> I guess you mean identifier completion after a dot.

Exactly. Fields or methods and helpers even if possible. I assume that exists.

Btw, the names you're giving like "FindDeclaration" where can I find these?
Maybe there's a wiki or unit header I can look at.

>> I would like to implement "code lens" which shows the context of a symbol in
>> a popup window but I think only VScode supports this feature and it's no
>> common so code tools may not be able to retrieve.
>
> What do you mean with "context"? Codetools can give you all kind of context.

For example VScode lets you hover over a symbol name like TObject and a window
will popup that shows the declaration in code, like a mini-editor that goes to
the line where the declaration starts in that file. It's basically the same as
opening a new tab/window but it's more for really quick references. I'm not
sure how it's implemented in LSP but maybe you could return the line number and
file name and the client does the rest.

Regards,
        Ryan Joseph