On Fri, 7 Aug 2020, Ryan Joseph via fpc-pascal wrote:

I'm trying to get the pascal language server working on Visual Studio Code and
during testing I found that sending null values to the server is causing
problems. i.e.:

   "processId": 3997,
   "clientInfo": {
       "name": "vscode",
       "version": "1.47.3"
   },
   "rootPath": null,
   "rootUri": null,

This is translated by the RPC layer to a message like:

{"jsonrpc":"2.0","error":{"code":-32603,"message":"Cannot convert data from Null
value"},"id":1}

According to the protocol null values are allowed so is there a  way I can
accept null values gracefully instead of failing with an error?  In
particular rootPath is trying to be mapped to a string so it could be
translated to just '' and that would be better than giving this error that
prevents the server from working entirely and causes very confusing errors
that are hard to debug.

By itself, fpJSON of course allows null values.

What are you using as a serialization technologgy ?