El 20/12/20 a les 14:00, Jonas Maebe via fpc-pascal ha escrit:
On 20/12/2020 13:01, Luca Olivetti via fpc-pascal wrote:
El 19/12/20 a les 23:15, Jonas Maebe via fpc-pascal ha escrit:
It is indeed not possible to implement a function with C varargs in FPC.

I was afraid that's the answer :-(

as an ugly workaround, I wrote a c library that vsnprintf msg and args
to a buffer and then calls a pascal function with no varargs.

It works but, as I said, it's ugly and I'd need to provide a .a for
every platform I plan to use.

Is there a better/simpler way (apart from asking the library developers
to use a callback with no varargs)?

No.

:-(

Oh, well, that's life.

Now I'm struggling to integrate my stub function under win32 (no problem with linux/64).

The linker complains about

Error: Undefined symbol: _vsnprintf
Error: Undefined symbol: _ua_pascallog

the first it's probably because it's missing some library (which?) but the second is defined in my program (and, as I said, it builds and works fine under linux/64) as:

procedure ua_pascallog(logContext: Pointer; level: UA_LogLevel;
  category: UA_LogCategory; msg: PAnsiChar);cdecl;export;

Any hint?

Bye
--
Luca