On Wed, 10 Feb 2021, Ryan Joseph via fpc-pascal wrote:

On Feb 10, 2021, at 8:41 AM, Michael Van Canneyt <mich...@freepascal.org> wrote:

I heavily object to this; We have way too much keywords as it is already. So
unless there really is no other way I don't think we should introduce
even more.

I guess the first question is whether a "trait" is a new construct or just
a way to import fields/methods from a  class.  I like the idea of a formal
new type so we can limit the scope of the feature instead of taking on the
baggage of an old type like "object".  I'll wait to hear from the compiler
team however.

I don't see what baggage there is ?

You said it yourself: internally it will just be an object. Just make it
formally so.

I also think the argument of reusing existing objects deserves consideration.