Am 18.02.2021 um 02:25 schrieb Ryan Joseph via fpc-pascal:

On Feb 17, 2021, at 4:51 PM, Benito van der Zander via fpc-pascal
<fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

I benchmarked it years ago, I do not remember the details.

But InitInterfacePointers was bad. Just look at it:

That's not great for sure. Fillchar could be a big culprit also actually. I for
one would like I way to disable that for special circumstances.

You can in theory circumvent this by overriding NewInstance for some class though you'll have to reimplement essentially the whole of TObject.InitInstance.

I don't Lazarus usually and I can't get the debugger to work on my Mac so tried
Compiler Explorer. Not seeing the method calls here though.

The whole class instantiation except for the allocation is hidden in TObject.InitInstance.

Regards,
Sven