Dear advanced professionals here,

There are currently two big projects which empowering PPCJVM Android JVM target. It is Pandroid and VCL4J. While Pandroid is professionally finished project, which do its best to give programmers possibility to create Pascal apps which are able to communicate with Android Java APIS, VCL4J had very probably other goal.

Allow Pascal programmers to create Pascal applications with minimal need of combining Java language with Pascal language at The command line. And I would like to kindly plea all most advanced experts here for their programmers opinion.

Does somebody of us think, that it would be possible to extend VCL4J so users would be able to call Android APIS so professionally like from Pandroid package?

Currently VCL4J can be still downloaded from here.

svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/javavcl/code/ javavcl-code

Project has still one may be very non remarkable advantage, but for classic style of Pascal programming, it is possible to use blockread, blockwrite, assign and other commands. Compiled app also support run-time error messages which are very professionally constructed. Bundle also contain very useful system units. I would like to know, if somebody very advanced here would create simple app, which would be able to directly interact with Android API functions. Or if it is really impossible and only Pandroid package contain The onlyone way to interact with Java stuff from Pascal by using PPCJVM and Android Target. Sure. Sighted majority can use The following well developed bundle.

https://github.com/jmpessoa/lazandroidmodulewizard

But because I Am too stupid to use this project without .lfm files and I can not my own way to use it without forms and its visual designer, it is project which is good for sighted majority, but not so good for visually impaired minority. This is The reason, why I still prefer Pandroid.

VCL4J also support Delphi VCL adjectives to position objects on The screen. Altop, allbottom, alright, etC. Using numbers to specify object dimensions is not mandatory, but I Am aware, that I can reach very ugly GUI if I will simply ignore those values, so Explore by touch Android service allow Me to use screen reader and I can use such GUI, but it will be not very pleasant GUI for sighted majority.

Thank you very much for yours time and for yours debate about VCL4J.