On Mon, 27 Sep 2021, Anthony Walter via fpc-pascal wrote:

I was having some problems using vanilla sockets and OpenSSL to read a few
specific web pages using HTTPS. Normally I don't have any problems
using HTTPS, but with a few sites my code was not working. I ending up
finding the RTL unit LibCurl in one of the FPC packages and got it working
without too much trouble. LibCurl is a library allowing programmers to get
the functionality of the curl program without launching an external process.

If anyone is interested, here is a small bit of code to GET a page over
HTTP or HTTPS using LibCurl.

At first sight, this does not differ from the teststream example already in FPC
?