Yes - but is that really a bug fix that justifies a non-backwards compatible change?

On 17/10/2021 11:09, Michael Van Canneyt via fpc-pascal wrote:

On Sun, 17 Oct 2021, Tony Whyman via fpc-pascal wrote:

/Reposted with correct branch identifier/.

I thought that a fixes branch was only for bug fixes and not for issuing non-backwards compatible changes. However, TFieldType in db.pas now has 6 extra elements.

The result is that IBX no longer compiles with the fixes_3_2 branch. I have also heard the same for zeoslib.

Is the rollout of this patch to fixes_3_2 a mistake, or is there a good reason for rolling out a change that breaks other packages?

Delphi compatibility fix:

   fcl-db: base: add some of new Delphi field types into enumeration TFieldType     (ftOraTimeStamp, ftOraInterval, ftLongWord, ftShortint, ftByte, ftExtended)