> On Apr 22, 2022, at 8:48 PM, Rainer Stratmann via fpc-pascal
> <fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> How many percent of the users need this feature?
> Is it a feature that is a must?
> Can everyone get also a solution without the feature?
> Does it justify the risk of the whole language (has the potential to break
> existing code)?

It’s like everything else in programming languages.

1) you can specialize the function manually so implicit specialization is not
needed.
2) you can duplicate functions and change types manually so generic functions
are not needed.
3) you can program in assembly so high-level languages are needed.
4) etc… :)

Joking aside it just makes for less code and more readable code (in my opinion).

Regards,
        Ryan Joseph