Op 24/04/2022 om 04:37 schreef Hairy Pixels via fpc-pascal:
On Apr 23, 2022, at 10:30 PM, Marco van de Voort via fpc-pascal
<fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

Btw since you are afaik an Apple user, did you actually use conformant arrays,
or do you base this on UCSD/Borland dialects only?
I started with THINK Pascal on classic Mac OS but I never heard of conformant
arrays. What are they?

It's a ISO pascal feature that is a kind of open array construct where you can pass non zero based arrays too. The limitation that dynamic/open arrays are always zero based is a Delphi simplification.

It is more or less meant that if to judge the non zero array bounderies features, you need to know the whole story.