> On Oct 3, 2022, at 10:48 PM, Michael Van Canneyt via fpc-pascal
> <fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> FPC's JSON-RPC is designed to be used using HTTP(s) transport only, i.e.
> synchronous request and answer.
>
> Hence Ryan's failure to achieve what he wants to do.
>
> But if changes need to be made to make it usable over other transports, then
> I am open for suggestions. With the new support for websockets in FPC, this
> seems like a good time to review the architecture.

In my experience making a Pascal language server using LSP
(https://microsoft.github.io/language-server-protocol/)l here are top issues
I’ve had:

1) As mentioned the server can’t send messages to the client or receive their
2) LSP has various “any” types which aren’t streamed currently. If TJSONData,
TJSONArray etc.. types were streamed this would be good enough probably.
3) A minor issue is I wish dynamic arrays were streamed instead of the
TCollection types. They are easier to use and manage their own memory which is
nice.

Regards,
        Ryan Joseph