Am 29.05.2023 um 15:23 schrieb Rainer Stratmann via fpc-pascal:
Now I have a i7-3770S

cpubenchmark says:
Average CPU Mark: 6175
Single Thread Rating: 2043
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i7-3770S+%40+3.10GHz

I expect to buy a new computer with a i5-13400F or similar
cpubenchmark says:
Average CPU Mark: 25969
Single Thread Rating: 3702
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i5-13400

What is important for the compile time?
The average CPU Mark that means more than 4 times faster?
Or the single thread rating that means 1,8 times faster?

Besides faster memory, ssd, etc.

FPC itself is single threaded. So for that the single thread rating is more important. However Lazarus (and fpmake) can parallelize the building of packages if they don't depend on each other. On the other hand this is only really important when rebuilding and not when doing normal builds.

So in my opinion I'd keep an eye on the single thread rating.

Regards,
Sven