Bo Berglund via fpc-pascal <fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> schrieb am
Sa., 25. Nov. 2023, 08:19:

> On Tue, 21 Nov 2023 10:33:46 +0100, Tomas Hajny via fpc-pascal
> <fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> >On November 21, 2023 8:33:55 +0100, Bo Berglund via fpc-pascal <
> fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
> >>I did not know that there is a library of seed compilers available on
> >>Sourceforge, I thought everything had moved over to GitLab nowadays, so
> where
> >>exactly can I find a binary download for PiOS 64 bit on SF?
> >>Where I have looked I only find old stuff like from 2021...
> >>
> >>https://sourceforge.net/projects/freepascal/files/Linux/3.2.2/
> >>Here are tarballs that by the size seem to contain a lot of stuff apart
> from the
> >>compiler itself.
> >
> >Yes, there are full official releases provided by the FPC team and used
> by many FPC users.
> >

> I tried downloading one of the ones on SF and it contains a maze of other
> tar
> file with yet other tar files etc inside.
>
> I failed to locate the actual compiler executable file anywhere, so I gave
> up on
> that....

Why do you need to make things more complicated than necessary? Extract the
tar you downloaded and execute the install script located there. Anything
else leaves the approach I have tested and confirmed to work for you.

For a successful compilation a *complete* release is necessary anyway
(well, you can deselect the documentation and demoes during the
installation :P).

Regards,
Sven