On 14 Dec 2005, at 15:06, david wrote:

At 13.56 +0000 05-12-14, Paul Findon wrote/05-12-14, 13.56 +0000 skrev Paul Findon

Getting back to the question, I've not tried this, but I think RTF is the only way to go.

Framemaker can export to .doc, can't it? Since Pages imports that, wouldn't migration path possibly retain more information than RTF? Anyone tried?

That's what I thought. But it wasn't an option when I checked. However, like Apple, I use FrameMaker 6.0. Just checked FrameMaker 7.0 and, sure enough, Word is a save-as option. So, yes, FrameMaker->Word->Pages is another route. As you say, it should retain more info, but I've read some unfavorable reports about Pages' Word import/export ability on Apple's forums, so your milage may vary.

Paul